The Adams Generation II Professional Timpani are mid-range instruments that are great for high schools, universities, and aspiring professional timpanists looking for quality instruments that you don't need a mortgage to afford. Costs have been kept moderate, but quality abounds with these features:
- Hand-Hammered Copper Bowls: made from a single piece of copper without any seams, the bowls are then hammered by hand. Sound waves will slide off of smooth surfaces, but the internal bumps give the bowl enough texture to keep sound waves bouncing around inside, giving you a darker, fuller overall sound.
- Balanced Action Pedal Mechanism: spring tension is used to change the pitch of the heads, and no clutch is needed. The pedal action is smooth, and a spring tension knob at the base of the drum allows you to adjust the tension so that the action remains smooth throughout the entire range of the instrument.
- Suspension Ring: a single-flanged chrome-plated steel ring supported by thick struts will keep the bowl and the head from warping.
- Renaissance Heads: these Remo heads have very dark, resonant, warm qualities while still retaining the resilient qualities of a synthetic head. (Steel insert ring)
- Wheels: the Professional Generation II timpani have a special set of wheels on either side of the pedal, which lock in place while playing. This small but significant innovation makes moving these bulky instruments as easy as possible.
- Included extras: tuning key, drop cover, mute, tuning gauge